We, the leaders of the Governments of Spain, the US of America, the African Union, the European Union, Colombia, Germany, Indonesia, and Nigeria, having met on September 20, 2022, affirm our dedication to behave with urgency, at scale and in live performance, to answer the pressing meals safety and diet wants of a whole bunch of hundreds of thousands of individuals world wide.
Meals techniques and international meals safety are at a crucial second. The compounded impacts from a world pandemic, rising pressures from the local weather disaster, excessive vitality and fertilizer costs, and protracted conflicts, together with Russia’s newest invasion of Ukraine have disrupted manufacturing and provide chains and dramatically elevated international meals insecurity, particularly for essentially the most weak.
We will solely overcome international meals insecurity by working collectively to create revolutionary partnerships – together with worldwide monetary establishments and different key stakeholders – inside the international group. We decide to strengthen worldwide cooperation and partnership initiatives between the United Nations and regional and sub-regional organizations in addition to civil society organizations. As of September 20, 2022, over 100 United Nations Member States have endorsed the Roadmap for World Meals Safety – Name to Motion.
We underscore the necessity to act with sustained urgency and in coordination to meet the objectives of the 2021 Meals Programs Summit – in addition to to answer fast humanitarian wants and construct extra resilient agriculture and meals techniques alongside these seven particular strains of motion:
- Make new, additive monetary donations to key humanitarian organizations to permit for an elevated provision of fast life-saving humanitarian help wherever potential;
- Present, the place potential and as wanted, in-kind donations and needed related prices to key humanitarian organizations for transportation and supply of meals commodities primarily based on wants assessed by governments of affected nations or humanitarian organizations;
- Maintain meals, fertilizer, and agricultural markets open and keep away from unjustified restrictive measures, equivalent to export bans on meals and fertilizer, which enhance market volatility and threaten meals safety and diet at a world scale;
- Help a rise of fertilizer manufacturing, the place potential and as wanted, with a purpose to compensate for shortages, speed up and scale-up fertilizer improvements, help their advertising and marketing, and promote strategies to maximise fertilizer effectivity
- Speed up efforts to help sustainable agriculture and meals techniques, by strengthening agricultural productiveness, significantly in essentially the most affected nations to construct their resilience and help home manufacturing, together with as applicable by efforts to help an vitality transition that’s simply and equitable, to make them extra resilient and out there to producers of all scale, together with small holder farmers;
- Enhance investments in analysis and know-how to develop and implement science-based and climate-resilient agricultural improvements, together with seeds, that contribute to constructing sustainable and resilient agricultural sectors and meals techniques; and
- Monitor markets affecting meals techniques, together with futures markets, to make sure full transparency, and to share dependable and well timed information and knowledge on international meals market developments, particularly by the related worldwide organizations.